Do you provide changing rooms and lockers?
Yes, we have a private facility with 4 piece bath for you to change, or shower to get ready for the rest of your day after your training session. Please feel free to bring your gym bag so that you have all your essentials with you while you are here.
What should I wear to the gym?
When it comes to workout clothes, comfort is far more important than fashion. Rather than purchasing clothes that look good, you should purchase clothes that feel good. When trying on workout wear, it is important that you bend and stretch or jog-in-place to make sure your clothes fit well. If you purchase ill-fitting clothes, you may find yourself adjusting your garments throughout your workout. At G3 Fitness, we recommend that you consider the following when purchasing workout gear:
- Fabric: Wear fabrics that allow your skin to breathe. Wicking material, such as a polyester blend, won’t trap in moisture and will allow your skin to breathe, keeping you cool during your workout.
- Sneakers: Running shoes are the most important piece of gear in your workout wardrobe. It is important to consider what type of exercise you will be doing before purchasing running shoes.
- Bra: When it comes to high-impact exercise, it is critical that you wear supportive bra. A good sports bra will prevent breast, back, and neck pain as well as the breakdown of ligaments.
The right workout wear will make a tremendous difference in your overall gym experience. We are more than happy to provide you with recommendations on athletic clothing brands or point you in the direction of a nearby sporting goods store. Please do not hesitate to ask!
Is it better to stretch before or after I exercise?
You should stretch before and after you work out. WARM muscles stretch more efficiently and safely that cold ones. When you arrive, please hop on your preferred piece of cardio equipment and spend a few minutes warming up before you stretch. Light stretching of warm muscles before exercise can prevent injuries from occurring and stretching post-exercise can help to reduce muscle tension and increase flexibility.
I’ve never taken a fitness class, what should I know?
If you are a beginner, here are some important things you should keep in mind:
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of the class. This will allow you enough time to do a few minutes of cardio and get some light stretching in before your training session begins.
- If this is your first class, we recommend that you watch others in the class, but pay close attention to the instructors cues. Our coaches are here for YOU and to make sure that you have a great experience.
- We ask that you please wipe it down equipment after use so others can enjoy the experience after your use.
- Please turn off your phone before entering the room (or store your phone in the sunroom / cardio area!) and exit silently as to not to disturb the training session if you need to take or make a call.
Important to know:
- You may be doing a lot of downward poses and different movements so it is best to avoid loose fitting clothing.
- Eat a light, healthy meal 2 hours before the class and drink plenty of water. Feel bring a water bottle to the class and drink as much as you need to during your workout
Keep in mind:
- There are hundreds of different exercises and movements, some of which are more difficult than others. Don’t feel discouraged or worry about looking silly. Grow, practice and learn at your own pace!
Get in touch!
If you are in Heritage Pointe and have any questions, please give us a call. We are looking forward to hearing from you!